How to pick the Best Black Dating Site for your needs
Black folk rather have a difficult time when they try finding love in the overwhelmingly white populated dating sites.
Most people on these apps are interested in people of their color (predominantly white) and opt to date outside the United States to find a perfect match who is of their race.
With such info in mind, there are dating sites dedicated to hooking up people of color and caters to this community.
The high-quality dating sites are dedicated to the single black pool, and they’re are growing by leaps and bounds, and today we feature 3 best black dating sites you should try…
1.Coffee Meets Bagel Review
The casual-friendly interface welcomes you to a dating site that embraces people of color. Coffee Meets Bagel is a laid back, effective and efficient dating platform that is exclusive to smart devices.
It comes in the form of a mobile app and is laden with loads of helpful tips, and communication options that make it easier to find the perfect match.
To make it open to all races and mixtures the platform uses an algorithm that works overtime to match you with your preferred ethnicity and people whom you’re most compatible with.
Since it’s a platform that is dedicated to the modern individual on the prowl for a mate, Coffee Meets Bagel has integrated a Facebook algorithm that aids it in matching pairs based on friends-of-friends on Facebook.
If you’re looking for a soul mate, you will love the app because it prioritizes efficient dating and provides you with a limited number of pairings every day.
Other than the daily pairings, you will be presented with a random number of “could be” matches that you go through daily and try to find one that appeals to you the most.
You will reach out to a potential mate via the time-limited chat pop up which has an expiring time. Moreover; the application consistently provides you with helpful feedback as well as tips that if utilized, will make you much better at online dating.
You can sift through the Photo Lab segment to choose the profile pictures that appeal to you best and send them a Woo (an incentive to have them chat you back).
The platform has been pushed as the only dating app with more female members than the male counterparts on a 60:40 ratio.
There is now a “Ladies Choice” feature introduced on the app that is more female-oriented since most women are more attracted to dating than just having casual relations.
Since its inception in 2012, Coffee Meets Bagel app boasts of creating almost 100,000 happy couples and providing a platform where there have been nearly 3 billion introductions.
Recent statistics suggest that the app received a steady 25% user growth monthly. The application gets well over 300,000 monthly visitors who are mainly from the US and some from Canada and the UK.
Black folk looking to meet up with potential mates have a platform where 96% of users hold a Bachelor’s degree and ⅓ of the users are Master’s degree holders.
The app ranks no. 1 on Google Play Store in the dating sites category in Canada and ranks 4th in the United States.
Single black people looking for love and finding a mate to settle with can use the site’s algorithm to get a compatible black lover who if they connect will lead a happier life together.
Coffee Meets Bagel Pros
- The perfect platform for black people to meet and connect
- Very user-friendly interface that comes with step-by-step tutorials and multiple guidelines
- Dating platform with a higher number of female user base
- The points system makes it possible for you to increase your success chances by using the app frequently
Coffee Meets Bagel Cons
- The use of Facebook friends-of-friends feature to find a potential mate could cause an awkward scene when you all meet at a particular event
- The likelihood of bumping on your ex through the friends-of-friends feature is high and could also create an inopportune time
Coffee Meets Bagel Pricing
- Basic Plan Zero-rated
- I Month Plan $34.99 + 6,000 beans
- Coffee Meets Bagel Take Away
- Setting up the profile is an easy task
- The site displays familiar friends making it easy to accept the platform (for the anxious)
- Presents you with detailed analytics that helps you become better at online dating
- You get icebreaker questions that make it easy to send that first message to a potential
A friendly app that allows black people to meet and create long-lasting bonds based on their traits
2. BlackPeopleMeet Review
The BlackPeopleMeet platform is run by People Media and was launched in 2002. The platform is by far the biggest African-American dating site that brings single black folk together.
Most users on this platform are in their 30s and 40s and are searching for serious relationships. The site is open to all races and ethnicities; however, it’s mostly a platform dedicated to people of color to meet.
There’s a small number of non-black people that use the site to find a black person they’re compatible with.
BlackPeopleMeet can be accessed through two plans; the basic free plan that allows you to view users, however, you cannot interact with them, and the monthly subscription plan that opens up the whole range of features.
You will be happy with the numerous ways you can use to interact with potential matches. Features such as sending notifications, messaging asking questions, favoriting profiles, sending gifts, liking photos and sending flirts are availed to you.
Use them to show that you are approachable and also make use of the browse photos feature that allows you to swipe to indicate that you’re interested when you come across a profile you like!
The BlackPeopleMeet platform is excellent if you put in a lot as it gives you more. By taking the time to create a custom and accurate profile, and by subscribing to the premium plans, you will be narrowing your matches to the most compatible individuals.
The site gives you the chance to promote yourself on the first page of the search results. You can buy tokens ranging from $1-$20 and remain on the first page for the duration you desire.
On this platform, you get presented with daily matches. You are also given with extensive search filters that you can use to alter the profiles appearing on your home screen to suit your needs and wants.
Use the functions to filter results based on age range, gender, region, education and many more features.
- A bunch of useful filters for search and history
- Numerous ways to interact and use the platform
- Loads of possible icebreakers at your disposal
- Allows different orientations, body types and lifestyles
- Message prompts in-built into profile pages
- Different actions, options and sections susceptible to convolution
- Weak match-making features
- The free plan works for browsing and not interacting
- Free Plan Zero-rated
- 1 Month Plan $16.75
- 3 Months Plan $13.95/ Month
- 6 Months Plan $11.95/ Month
BlackPeopleMeet Take Away
- Easy sign-up platform
- Instant live chat sessions
- Numerous ways to interact with other users
- Loads of icebreakers and message prompts
- Premium subscription members can create both audio and video messages on their profiles
3. Match.com Review
Match.com is one of the oldest and most recognizable online dating platforms. With a 20 year + track record, the Group Inc (MTCH) led platform is an ideal platform for black folk to meet and mingle.
Match.com is backed by a unique matching algorithm which you will use to give you the most compatible profiles based on your traits.
The site opts to go for your qualities, features, and attributes as opposed to using questionnaires to calculate whom to match you up with.
The algorithm has been designed to learn who you’re (based on the things/features you insert in your profile) to match you better with profiles whenever you log-in. Match.com is designed to help all users (including black folk) to find the perfect matches.
The features are unmatchable and help you in discovering possible mates and provide you with tools that will aid you when communicating with potentials.
It can be accessed via web-browser and through the mobile app. Both platforms are embedded with discovery tools and communication strategies that you can use to your advantage.
You can upload a plethora of photos on your profile and include as much information you’re comfortable with narrowing down the search for the perfect candidate.
The mainstream match.com platform is perfect for black people looking to get into the dating game or are looking for serious relationships.
38% of the people that used Match.com have forged relationships lasting months, and some have gone ahead and found the love of their lives and got married!
- New features and functions added often
- A regularly updated algorithm that includes user behavior and feedback
- Broad search and discovery opportunities
- Costly month-month costs
- Lengthy online to offline process
- Takes time to get approval to join the platform
- Free Plan Zero-rated
- 1 Month Plan $42.99
- 3 Months Plan $23.99/ Month
- 6 Months Plan $20.99/ Month
Match.com Take Away
Daily hand-picked matches
Data-backed algorithm matching techniques based on user behavior and info
Smart inbox that sorts messages based on prior interactions
Numerous options for communications and showing interests